Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hospital Experience

be prepared.. this is gonna be a long one...

so.. last Friday.. Friday the 13th no less, i was due for a laproscopic surgery to clear out my endometriosis and to check on my fallopian tubes since we're 'there'. i was ok, fine and dandy the whole week. not when people says good luck and all. not when i got to the hospital. not when we were waiting for the room. not when they took my blood (ok.. maybe a little)..

it was only when the nurses came over and said "ok.. kena tukar baju sekarang"... at that time, i had my ex-colleagues with me. so i quickly called my parents and Mr. Hubby who were downstairs to come up... after i changed, got onto the bed... that's when i freaked out.. but i didnt freak-out like psycho ok.. im not that crazy!

i was cold and rambling because i was scared. everybody was laughing at me.. geez! u try being in my position, the you'll know. then, they took us up to the 2nd where operating theaters were (i was on the 3rd floor, maternity ward -__-). we stopped at the waiting room which was an "in-between" room between "healthy outside world" and the OT. takutt!!! i cried a little as my mom and Mr. Hubby left. i had to wait maybe 30 mins before they wheeled me in the OT. the OT was even colder than the rooms outside. then the stuff u see in TV happened. the anesthesiologist was a really nice but i was scared anyways. they put in the IV (which hurt a little).. then probably after 10 seconds, maybe less. i was out.

then.. i heard the nurses voices asking me move to the next bed which was so hard coz my body felt like lead. my tummy was hurting. i could hear Mr. Hubby's voice. then i was out again... i woke up again feeling nauseous again. vomited water. then i slept again. i was like that the whole night. Poor Mr. Hubby didnt get much sleep cause i was waking up so many times during the night.

i finally slept for more than 2 hours and that was after i was my IV had blood in it.. the nurse had to flush it out back into ME.. sakit ok!! she said that blood molecules are larger than water which is why it hurts when it suddenly went back in.. that spot still hurts till today.. im not sure if i should be worried or not.

when i woke the next day, i was feeling a lot better. i ate a little because i didnt want to feel nauseous. frens and family came. yay! i was so tired by the end of that day, i didnt even have dinner. i slept really early. woke up the next day to shower.. finally! then i was discharged on sunday. but the discharge process took so long.. we were ready at 11ish but everything was done ONLY at 2ish. i was tired again by then. i get tired easily these days... not sure how im gonna be when i get back to work..

anyway... we went home. stopped by my parents place for lunch (we had lunch at the hospital before that, mind you) then went grocery shopping for a little bit and finally went home. home sweet home. aaahhhhhh

and as at today.. i have not stepped out of the apartment since. quite a record for me! i might take a walk when Mr. Hubby gets home.. i dont wanna turn jelly.. i need to be strong sooner than later..

No comments:

Post a Comment